Under the oversight of the Caritas Uganda director, Monsignor Dr. Francis Ndamira, Sun24 is donating 2,000 solar lights to all 22 dioceses in Uganda. Sun24 is recommending that each diocese sell the lights for about 5.50 USD. (The families should save around 30 USD in kerosene purchases over the 3-year life of the solar light.) The catechists can keep 0.50 USD as incentive and the parishes and dioceses can keep a little to cover their costs. The dioceses should have enough left over to buy one light for each light sold. We are very excited about refining this self-sustaining model.
- Mali: Rock bed training begins in all Catholic dioceses
- Gabon: Rock bed training begins in all Catholic dioceses
- Zambia: Rock bed training begins in all Catholic dioceses
- Nigeria: Rock bed training begins in the remaining 23 Catholic dioceses
- Uganda: Rock bed training begins in 12 more refugee settlements